Digital Marketing Best Practices For Connecting With Users On Facebook
Presently, Facebook has more than 800 million users who actively use the social media website to communicate with their friends and family, as well as corporate brands. As such, it can be a powerful channel for digital marketing professionals to build lasting relationships with customers. However, if a person engaged in digital marketing really wants to be successful, they need to plan their Facebook campaign smartly and carefully.
Here are some digital marketing best practices that would help you build a robust community of ardent Facebook fans, who would not hesitate to recommend your brand to others:
1. Learn what customers want: Snoop around Facebook conversations or conduct a survey to learn how your customers currently use Facebook, and what they are looking for.
2. Build your community: The best way to acquire Facebook fans is to leverage current customer touchpoints, as well as look in related Facebook communities. Some useful steps which a smart digital marketing professional would take are:
- Specify the advantages of joining your community on the landing page.
- Send invitational emails to your existing customers.
- Promote a special offer/discount.
- Ask people to ‘join you on Facebook' in print, television and radio ads.
3. Keep your fans busy: After getting people to join your community, keep them engaged by asking them to participate in various activities. You can:
- Inform them in advance about unique upcoming content.
- Publicly recognize content contributed by fans.
- Update content regularly, to ensure relevance.
4. Get customers to trust you by being open and transparent about the way you do business. Remove spam comments regularly, and be calm before replying to negative comments posted by fans. Some tips:
- Create a comment policy, so that employees know how to keep customers engaged in an authentic way.
- Communicate your company goals and train the people responsible for interacting with your fans, whether employees or hired digital marketing specialists.
5. Track and analyze the performance of your business page, to further optimise your content-based digital marketing strategy. Identify and reward fans who advocate your brand.
If you follow the above tips, you will soon be able to develop an active and mutually satisfying presence on Facebook. As Facebook is continuously evolving, it is important to select the right digital marketing partner, so that your efforts don't go to waste.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/seo-articles/digital-marketing-best-practices-for-connecting-with-users-on-facebook-5476060.html
About the Author
Qudos digital is a leading digital marketing agency provides consultation and information on digital marketing strategies.